Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy (belated) Birthday Karissa!

Even though Karissa's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, I still want to do a post about her.
When Karissa was born, little did I know that she would become my best friend, but God knew. He gave me the greatest sister that there could ever be. Karissa is always there to encourage me to be a better woman, she is always there for me to talk too (for I talk a lot!), she is always guiding me in any decision and she shows me the fault of my actions in the most loving and gentle manner as any could.

They say that the greatest friend listens. At night when the day is all done and gone, I lie in my bed and me and Karissa have a long chat, but now that I look back at those nights, I realize that I did most the talking. She is always there to listen to my griefs, my joys, my sorrows and my plans for the future, and yet she guides and directs my fiery nature. She rebukes me in a most loving and kind way. The greatest leaders are servants...and that is Karissa.

I thank God for the gift that He has given me in my sister, Karissa. I pray that our friendship shall continue to grow through all the upcoming years of our lives.
I love you Karissa!
Happy 16th Birthday, Sis!





3 comments:

Destiny said...

That was so much fun! Everything you said was right on the money Kaila! Karissa is so wonderful and I'm so glad to have her as a friend!

Love you Karissa and "Happy (beated) Birthday" as well!

-Destiny

Grandma of Many said...

I agree with you Kaila on everything you said about Karissa. God brought us a special girl 16 years ago and we are so blessed. Thank you for honoring her this way Kaila and for the wonderful video. That was a great party. Love you and Happy Birthday once again Karissa. Love, Grandma Dot

Vickie said...

Very Very Cool slideshow of Karissa's Birthday. Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us. It was a fun night...