Saturday, April 11, 2009

An Exhilarating Day

WOW! Over the past month I have discovered the immense pleasure of jogging on end. Today was Medford, OR biggest athletic event (that's the language that they used), the Pear Blossom Run. A couple of weeks ago I decided to enter the 10 mile run along with some other friends. It was great! I had expected to come out of it felling half dead, but instead I was all pumped, exhilarated and ready for more (well maybe not). The weather was perfect and the countryside beautiful, plus there was great support from practically everyone. Granted about 3 miles into it I was tired, but after I hit 5 miles I got my second-wind!

It was great and everyone did a great job! Even though some us had a cold, others multiple blisters and another had his arm in a sling we had great finishes. After we finished, some us enjoyed a free barbecue and ice cream sandwiches, provided by a friend :)! What a day...it was awesome! You should all start to jog a little everyday, it really does make you feel better!

No comments: