Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life and Lessons

It's been awhile since I've written here. A lot has been happening, and there have been many lessons that I've learned as of late, that I wish I would have written down when they were fresh on my mind. Lessons in love, life, priorities, managing time wisely etc... Recently I've been thinking a lot about priorities. Realizing that we all need to figure out what matters most in life, and what our criteria should be for the important decisions that we have to make.

We all face different phases of our lives and we have to decided what is the most important thing for us to accomplish in the different stages of life. As a child, we may have to decide whether it is more important that we play or do our school. As teenagers we need to decide whether our independence or honoring our parents is more important . Once we graduate we have to decide what we want to do, what is most important to accomplish. And all of the answers to these questions depends upon where our priorities are and what they are based upon. Are our priorities based upon what God has called us to do through His Word, or are they selfish ambitions? Do we want to follow the Biblical plan that God has given us, or just have a good time? Have we set before us a high standard that we want to follow through life? Are the priorities that we do have, too shallow? Do they follow a Biblical principle? These are just some questions that have been swirling around in my head, that I thought I would share with you so that you could ask yourself.

Some life examples that we can apply these questions to are: what are my priorities when trying to find a spouse? Or what are my priorities in the relationship that I am in? What are my priorities in my education or the education of my children? These are crucial questions of life, and we need to know what is most important...what is Biblical.

Recently I've been thinking about this a lot. Trying to figure out what God wants me to do to further grow and glorify His kingdom. What are my priorities, and standards about the different stages of life. Constantly I need to be looking at these and decide whether they are biblical or selfish desires. Evaluating them according to scripture. I would just challenge you to do the same. :)

No comments: